14.8.08

Packing is a joy

I have been off of school since last Thursday and have been thoroughly enjoying my time off. Jason and I treated the weekend like a mini-vacation. On Saturday we woke up and went to eat Dim-sum, which is a traditional Chinese brunch. It was really interesting. People came around with carts and then you pick stuff off of it. Some of the selections seemed odd, but they were surprisingly good. After we made a short trip to Costco and then went to the Findlay Farmer's Market. It is such a hidden jewel...they have everything! Fresh meat and produce, shops, and places to eat! I finally found a drink shop that has Boba (tapioca balls often used in Asian drinks)! Also, we bought Applewood Bacon, Cajun Bacon, and a tomato to make BLTs that night :)

On Sunday, we went to the Body's exhibit, which was a birthday gift from Jason. It was really amazing! I especially liked the part on fetal development and the joint replacements! Afterwards, went to eat Chinese at this really good restaurant in Fort Mitchell, KY. The chef/owner was so nice and even offered to buy us dessert. He also gave us a tour of his reception room in case we were interested in having our wedding reception there. This was the best Chinese food I have found in Cincinnati. I will definitely have to take family there when they come in. Afterwards we walked across the street to Graeter's to split some ice cream.












The rest of the week I have been pretty lazy! I have been relaxing with Cello and Krutches (Gabby) who we are babysitting until Sunday.








On Tuesday evening we drove to Bethel to have a cook-out with some of my friends from school. (Emily and John, Katie and Ryan, and Julie and Brad). It was a lot of fun. Its weird to think I won't see any of them for 12 weeks, because we are use to seeing each other more than our significant others!

So, that is my update! Now I must finish packing.....

No comments: